Monday, April 4, 2011

There's no business like show business

And so starts another month. Well it's day #4 of the new month but it's a new month nevertheless. I did some exciting stuff to start of April 2011: I MADE MY THEATRICAL DEBUT!!!

That's right. I have acting chops. I'm fantastic. I was in my university's production of An Adult Evening of Shel Silverstein. They are a series of one act plays performed by 2-3 people. I was in three of them: "Bus Stop", "Best Daddy" and "Thinking Up a New Name for the Act" (a.k.a "Meat and Potatoes"). I played men in all three due to my manly electricity, dogged tenacity and general awesomeness.

The best part was that my parents came to see this. I couldn't believe it! The first play I'm in I play a drunk in the scene and yell about boobs and get beat up by a woman yelling out obscene names for the dick (creamer, rammer, wanker, etc.). Despite all this, THEY LOVED IT!! They came out of the theater beaming telling me what a great actor I am. I couldn't believe it!! My dad even went up to my sorority sister who played a hooker asking her intriguingly: "Two for one?!?!". It sounds gross but my dad is just weird like that. My mom also congratulated my other sorority sister whom I acted with. I played the best dad in the world and she played my bratty 13-year-old daughter. My mom shook her hand. It was like Obama was with us.

I loved every second of it. I got nervous and wanted to throw up before each performance but I kept going, despite the fact that my wig fell off twice. Oh well. I had fun with the most awesome cast. We laughed, we cried but mainly because we were laughing so much. I hope I get the chance to do it again someday.

2 comments:

  1. You shot my sister?
    She bit me!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh myyy gooodnesss!!! Congrats Vibhy!!! I cant believe i missed this! I hopes it on video so i can watch!

    and ur blog is, like always, AMAZING!
    <3

    ReplyDelete