Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ben Franklin wisdom: amber colored glasses of beer

Greetings lemmings. So it seems I've already failed miserably with this blog. Already, it has been 3 weeks and 2 days since my last post. And lets remember folks, my last entry was a SMASHING success. Hands down :).

The biggest event to happen in my life in the past 3 weeks and two days is the joyous celebration of my birth many moons ago : the big 2-2!!! I celebrated this obvious momentous occasion of epic proportions like many people do: with copious amounts of alcohol, the drink of life. I'm not a very religious person but much like good ole' Benny Franklin, I too believe God gave us beer because he loves us. He wants to wrap us up in a warm blanket of hops and fermentation to tell us "hey, you're awesome".

Beer is a love of mine. I began a relationship with this cold, hop-filled, fermented wonder when I was just a wee sophomore in college naive into thinking liquor is the ultimate drink of choice. Oh how wrong I was. Now don't be fooled. I do occasionally enjoy a good cranberry and vodka and Trey Songz is right: my doctor needs to prescribe me those instead of Vitamin D. But I digress.

As I was saying, beer and I began our magical journey together my second year in college. I had just joined the wonderful sorority and needed a cheaper way to support my drinking habit. After getting my jollies off vanilla vodka and root beer, I began to get intrigued by the holy grail: BEER. That first can of Budweiser Select grossed me out a little. I nursed that bottle like a mom nursing colic babies. It was awful. Over time however, the taste of it's brewed perfection stirred my soul. It was like being in a cradle of hops and yeast: MAGNIFICENT.

Now, I can't get enough of this deliciousness. I sometimes feel like a meth addict in search of another fix. I've had many a awesome nights with friends, downing one cold one after another. Drunken shenanigans can't be beat. Over time, I've come to enjoy not only an occasional Budweiser Select but also Bud light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Labatt Blue, Blue Moon and many others. Microbreweries are also among my favorite. Woodward Avenue Brewery, Dragonmead, Cooper Canyon and so much more. Sometimes I feel like I should just live in a keg. That way, all my dreams would come true...(not wanting to live at home and beer). Life is good people. Cherish the moment. Cherish the beer...

I should write commercials...

No comments:

Post a Comment